Windows collect moisture and fog up during sweltering weather and winter periods. To get rid of this excess moisture, you will need a window dehumidifier.
Cold air cannot keep moisture for too long as warm air can. As a result, a difference between the temperature outside and the one inside the home leads to window condensation.
One way to get rid of condensation is to balance the equation by letting in cold air. This is not a great solution because you spend more energy to reheat the cold air you just let in, and may also need to repeat the process a few times to achieve concrete results.
Hence, the only straightforward solution is to use a window dehumidifier. But how do you choose the right one for your needs?
How To Select The Best Window Dehumidifier
There are lots of dehumidifiers in the market. They come in different sizes, capacities, and a wide range of innovative features. This is great, but choosing a window dehumidifier from the numerous options can quickly become challenging, especially if you do not have enough information.
Before you settle for a particular brand of window dehumidifier, consider the following options.
A window dehumidifier does not need to have a large capacity. The size of the room to be dehumidified is essential. As a result, the dehumidifier should be able to cover 100 to 260 square feet.
Knowing the size of your room will help you choose the right window dehumidifier for your home.
Water Bucket Size
Since most window dehumidifiers are available in small and compact designs, do not expect the water bucket to be a big one. Although, the water bucket used in most small-sized dehumidifiers is satisfactory when you consider the device size.
Most window dehumidifiers will come with a water bucket capacity of 1000ml on average. You also need to take into account that window dehumidifiers do not have auto drain feature. As a result, you should come to terms with the fact that you will dispose of the water once the water tank is full.
Design And Portability
One of the core features of any window dehumidifier is compact design and portability. This influences how easy it is to move the device from one place to another. It also affects areas in the home where the dehumidifier can be placed.
A lightweight dehumidifier with a compact design can be placed in easy-to-reach places like countertops, tabletops, shelves, and even on windows. A heavy dehumidifier will not be easy to move from one place to another and will limit the options of places where one can place the device.
The noise level is an essential factor that cuts across all dehumidifiers and not just window devices. Window dehumidifiers, thanks to their design and sizes, do not have a compressor. As a result, they make less noise when compared to bigger dehumidifiers.
It is vital to ensure that the device you opt for will not produce intrusive noise. The top picks in our list of best window dehumidifiers all work and produce sound at acceptable levels. So, picking one of the devices listed in this guide will definitely be a good choice.
Top Best Window Dehumidifiers Reviews
|Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier,...||See Latest Price|
|Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier 215 sq ft -...||See Latest Price|
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There are lots of dehumidifiers out there from different brands, and these devices display various features and capacities. Consequently, this might cause choice overload and make the selection confusing.
Thankfully, these reviews will point you to the right things to look out for in a window dehumidifier.
For every device that made it to this list, we considered the following criteria.
- Dehumidifier capacity
- Water bucket size
- Design and Portability
- Noise level
Each product review will give you an insight into its unique features and characteristics.
Let’s jump right into the top six best window dehumidifiers.
1. Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier, White – The Beastly Little Thing
- LESS NOISE OUTPUT - The average noise output for all of the thermo-electric dehumidifiers we tested was 53.2 dB. On the other hand, the EDV-1100 was measured at 50.9 dB, 2.3 dB below average. Making it generate less noise to provide you a good night sleep at night.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY - The EDV-1100 couldn’t be any more portable. For one, it can easily be transported. Secondly, it is also one of the smallest, lightest thermo-electric dehumidifiers on the market.
- LOW POWER CONSUMPTION - The Eva-Dry EDV-1100 has a manufacturer specified power draw of 22 watts. That makes it low on energy consumption so you can save on your electricity bill and also helps the environment. Capacity - 16 ounces
- SUPERIOR QUALITY – It is made from high quality and superior materials making it durable. It also has renewable reservoir which absorbs musty odors from stagnant air and also eliminates odors and fungus.
- PLUG AND PLAY SETUP - This couldn’t be easier to use. Simply plug it in and turn it on. It will immediately start dehumidifying. If the condensate collection bucket fills up the “FULL” LED will light up and the dehumidifier will automatically shut off.
Last update on 2022-05-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Eva-dry dehumidifier is excellent at removing excess moisture from the atmosphere. Referred to as “the beastly little thing” by some, it will help you take care of your window condensation in no time.
With a compact design and weight of 1 lbs., this device will sit pretty on your window. The device also features an alert for a full water tank. The signal shuts off the dehumidifier and notifies you to empty the container once it is full.
The Eva-dry dehumidifier works way better than its size portrays and doesn’t influence your energy bill. If you need a device to address your condensation problems quickly, the Eva-dry device is the little and effective choice.
- Lightweight dehumidifier
- Full water tank alert
- Effective at getting rid of excess moisture
- Bags of dust form at the intake vent after some time of use
2. ALROCKET Dehumidifier 35 Ounce Small Dehumidifier – The Colorful Device
The Alrocket dehumidifier sports a one-touch control design. This means a few buttons that are easy to use. The device features only two buttons, and this makes for easy control and effective use.
The device can make for a great accessory thanks to the colorful light addition. More so, it can rotate between different pre-programmed lights, or the user can lock the device to a specific color. This is great for people who want the device to complement the décor theme. In addition, it can serve as a nightlight.
Like others, the Alrocket window dehumidifier works without noise, thanks to its built-in thermoelectric operation.
- One-touch button design
- Two buttons for easy control
- Colorful light display
- Can be hot to the touch after extended use
3. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 1200 Cubic Feet – The Easy-to-Drain Option
- Small & Compact: Lightweight, Compact and Portable, Capable of removing up to 9 ounces of water per day with a 16-ounce water tank capacity. Ideal for rooms 1200 - 2200 cubic feet (215 sq ft).
- Auto Shut-Off: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier.
- Ultra Quiet & Energy Efficient: Whisper quiet operation in bedrooms, bathrooms and offices, at an output of 23W per hour, which means only using 0.55kW after running for 24 hours.
- Removes 9 Ounces of Water per Day: Optimal function in room sizes 1200-2200 cubic feet (150-215 sq ft).
- Lowers Humidity: Perfect for high humidity in your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, caravan, garage, closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Pro Breeze dehumidifier has a unique water bucket design – a closed water bucket with a drain plug. This makes it easy to prevent spills when pulling out the bucket to drain and makes it easy to empty the water tank.
The device does not make noise while in use. Even while you are two feet away in the same room, the device is as quiet as the evening. This makes it ideal for use in bedrooms that have window condensation problems.
The Pro Breeze dehumidifier does not limit its placement positions to the window because it also works well in confined spaces, including the boat, wardrobe, caravan, kitchen, or even the basement.
- Closed water bucket to prevent spills
- Drain plug for easy water disposal
- Quiet device
- You need to keep the vents clean regularly
4. AUZKIN Portable and Quiet Dehumidifiers – The One-Start Touch Device
The Auzkin portable dehumidifier comes with a color-changing light function. The light reflects into the water, and this creates a visually appealing image. The light does not only function aesthetically, but it serves a practical purpose as well.
Interestingly, a full water bucket will cause the color-changing light to remain fixed at the color red. This indicates that the water tank needs to be emptied. A feature that makes the Auzkin portable dehumidifier stand out from other numerous devices out there.
The device also features a one-start touch operation with two buttons for easy control. One button serves as the power button while the second button is used to set a specific color for the color-changing feature.
- Full tank light indicator
- Color-changing lights
- One-start touch operation
- No auto-start feature
5. Honati Home Dehumidifier, 2000ml Ultra Quiet Small Portable Dehumidifier
The Honati window dehumidifier is a lightweight and powerful device that helps you eliminate excess moisture in the home. It features only a button to power the device on and off, which makes it even easy to operate. The water tank is easy to remove, and the filter is reusable as well.
The device can start working as soon as you get it since there are no complicated procedures or controls. Out of the box, it does not need to be assembled. All you need to do is plug and push the button for the very first time. The design and size make it suitable to be positioned on tabletops and countertops.
It features a bright LED indicator that turns yellow when the water bucket is full. It also features an auto-shutoff feature that turns the device off to prevent water spills.
- No assembling required
- Full water tank indicator
- Lightweight design and portable size
- The LED indicator can become disturbing at night due to its brightness
Choose the Best Dehumidifier for Windows
Window condensation is a pointer to excessive moisture in the air. High humidity can also lead to the growth of mold and mildew in the home. It also creates a suitable environment for allergens and other bacteria to thrive.
Despite the numerous other ways and tips for tackling this problem, it is imperative that you use a window dehumidifier to solve high humidity and window condensation problems for lasting effects. Choose from our best picks of window dehumidifiers, and your issues will be resolved in no time.