Are you thinking about going camping in the summer in your RV? Perhaps it’s time you thought about investing in the most efficient RV air conditioner to ensure that your RV trips are comfortable during the warmer seasons.
There are many factors to consider when buying an air conditioner specifically for an RV, such as shape, BTU rating, and ease of installation. Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you and have found some of the best ones out there. Here are some of the best low profile RV air conditioners:
6 Best Low Profile Air Conditioners for RV
Last update on 2020-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Dometic 3314851.000 Air Conditioner
If you are looking for a simple and easy to install air conditioning unit for your camper, then you need to consider Dometic 3314851.000 Adb.
This unit has a compact body that makes it easy to set up on your RV. It’s also adjustable so you can choose a temperature that is comfortable inside your recreational vehicle.
It also has powerful air distribution that cools the interior of your vehicle without much effort. After reaching your desired room temperature, it will provide and maintain a comfortable indoor environment for everyone in the camper.
It is also easy to install, and the plastic covering is thin and effortless when it comes to replacement. This is a unit that any home DIYer can install without hiring a professional. It’s a ductless system, so that means it’s energy efficient and less vulnerable to air leakage and security problems.
- Easy to install and use.
- Powerful air distribution
- Adjustable modes.
- It has a thin plastic covering that is easy to replace in case of damage.
- It’s loud even on the low fan setting
2. Dometic B59516.XX1C0 Brisk II Polar 15,000 BTU Rooftop Air Conditioner
Your RV needs a powerful AC that can maintain a comfortable indoor temperature throughout your trips during the summer. The Dometic B59516.XX1C0 Brisk II Polar is the right unit that comes with such a powerful airflow thanks to its high-performance motor and fan. While it might look small, don’t be fooled by its size because it has high cooling power (15,000 BTU) for those summer days.
Another good feature is the low noise it produces. It’s one of the quietest air conditioners for RVs with minimal vibration – this is definitely a boost to a peaceful and fulfilling journey.
This is another easy to install rooftop air conditioner, so you don’t need to hire an HVAC technician to fix it on your vehicle. Plus, it’s easy to maintain, and the company offers 2 years of protection and warranty. This unit is suitable for both ducted and non-ducted applications.
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Suitable for both ducted and non-ducted applications.
- Powerful airflow thanks to the high performance motor and fan
- Produces little noise and vibration while in operation.
- 2 year protection plus warranty
- It’s expensive.
- The top vent weighs 75 pounds, which can be a problem during installation
- Does not come with a ceiling kit.
3. Airxcel 08-0080 Mach 15
The Aircel 08-0800 Mach 5 15.0 arctic is a perfect addition to your RV and promises a great cooling capacity of 15,000 BTUs. It also offers a supplemental heating capacity of 5,600 BTU. That means you don’t have to suffer through the cold nights.
The air conditioner also comes with a powerful fan that produces 320 CFM. The fan will circulate the cold air throughout the camper, keeping everyone cool and comfortable.
Installation and maintenance are easy thanks to its size and installation guidelines. The only problem is the size of the fan. At 90 pounds, you need someone to help you carry and set it up at the top of your vehicle. You won’t be able to install it yourself.
Make sure you have 120-volt electrical connection before purchasing this unit. However, it should also work effectively if you have a generator.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- 15,000 BTU cooling capacity and 5,600 BTU heating capacity
- 1/3 HP fan motor
- Energy efficient
- The unit is quite heavy
4. Atwood 15026 Non-Ducted Ac Unit
The Atwood 15026 non-ducted air conditioning unit is a good bargain combining reliability, sturdiness, and inspiring design. This rooftop air conditioner is specifically designed to stand against harsh conditions.
With a reliable cooling capacity of 15,000 BTUs, Atwood 15026 will ensure the indoor environment of your camper is comfortable. A separate condenser fan and blower fan motor are included to ensure cold air is evenly distributed across the room. While most blower fans make a lot of noise during this process, the Atwood 15026 is the quietest, and you can even sleep in your RV while it’s running.
While this unit is 88.20 lbs, its aerodynamic front profile keeps the weight off your roof giving you less drag. Designed for non-ductless ceilings, Atwood 15026 is easy to install and fits most standard 14 x 14 roof cutouts. The company also offers a 2-year warranty.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Low on noise and vibration production hence minimal disturbances.
- It has a sleek design that boosts the aesthetic appeal of your RV.
- It has a solid build that improves on its longevity.
- It comes complete with a digital thermostat and a heat pump.
- Reliable in heating and cooling with a capacity of 15000 BTU.
- It is quite heavy at 104 pounds. This may present some problems when installing it on your RV.
5. ICON Brisk Air Dometic Duo Therm RV Air Conditioner Shroud
One of the key factors to consider when acquiring an air conditioner for your camper is its longevity. The ICON Brisk Air Dometic Duo Therm RV air conditioner Shroud is built to last and stand the test of time. The materials used are thick, strong, and UV resistant. In fact, the company even offers a lifetime warranty, so you can have peace of mind that the product will last.
The unit is also powerful and works perfectly for any RV. Its sturdy design makes it suitable for the rough nature of RV traveling. Additionally, it produces minimal sounds while it is cooling your space, so you don’t have to worry about getting distracted.
Like many other air conditioning units for campers, the unit is easy to install and maintain. In the rare case of damage, replacement parts are easy to come by.
- Easy in installation and maintain
- A sleek design that improves the aesthetic appeal of your RV.
- Reliable in performance and efficient in energy use.
- Quite expensive
6. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 5, 000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
If the space inside your camper is approximately 150square feet, then the Frigidaire FFRA0511R1 is best window AC to install in your vehicle. With 5000 BTUs of cooling power, you can be sure of a cool and comfortable indoor environment as you traverse the country in your motor home.
This AC is feature-packed to improve user experience and get the most out of it. You can take advantage of the mechanical controls to customize your cooling needs. The fan speeds and air direction flow will ensure you get the right amount of cool air circulated across the room of a specific direction.
Another important feature is that this unit not only cools but also dehumidifies up to 1.1 pints per hour. Also, this is an energy efficient unit and one of the quietest window air conditioners you’ll find on the market for less than $200.
- Powerful and cheap.
- It is durable.
- Energy efficient.
- Easy to maintain.
- It is almost silent when running.
- Low power start up and ease in restarting.
- It is bulky and heavy and may present problems in installation.
- It is quite expensive on purchase.
Your adventure to the outside world on your recreation vehicle won’t be the same again with a low profile RV air conditioner installed. It not only keeps the heat away from your camper, but some also have special features that prevent dustmites and allergens from invading your motorhome.
There are several types of RV air conditioners that you can pick depending on your preferences. So, before getting an AC unit, verify that it has the right cooling capacity for your vehicle.