It’s summertime, and there’s so much to anticipate, including the vacation and warmth. However, summer is also a period when we use a lot of water. That increase in water use consequently increases the chances of having more wet surfaces and damps that can shoot up humidity.
Dehumidifiers for large spaces will help you get rid of the excessive moisture that will jeopardize your health. It puts your illness at bay and provides a healthy atmosphere and environment. The best dehumidifier for large spaces will make your home free of allergens and other microorganisms that may invade your space.
This guide will provide you with all the essential information needed to choose the right dehumidifier for your space.
Best Dehumidifier For Large Spaces Comparison Chart
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There are lots of dehumidifiers out there and settling for the one you understand can be challenging and a bit confusing. That is why we have put this guide together to make the process easy for you.
For each large room dehumidifier that made it to this list, we considered the following,
- Dehumidifier capacity
- Water Bucket Capacity
- Filter type
- Innovative details
Each product review will open your eyes to the key features you should look out for in a dehumidifier. Consequently, it will help you choose the perfect choice from our list of best dehumidifiers for large spaces.
Best Dehumidifier For Large Spaces Reviews (Updated List)
1. MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier for up to 4500 Sq Ft – The budget-friendly option.
This dehumidifier comes in a design that makes using it in the home very convenient. The water bucket size is moderate, so you do not have to worry about emptying the tank at intervals. The bucket also comes with a handle, so disposing of the water collected is convenient for you. A built-in sock lets you connect a garden hose to the dehumidifier for continuous water disposal.
Despite being big and bulky, the wheel design of this dehumidifier makes it easy to move around. It provides you with the ease of transporting it from room to room when you need to get rid of excess moisture in different parts of the home.
- Easy to assemble
- Convenient water disposal
- Wheel design for smooth movement
- Reduces the humidity level in your home quickly
- Heavy product
- The tight fit design makes it difficult to remove the water bucket and put it back in place.
The wheel design, along with the decent-sized water tank, makes it an excellent dehumidifier for any home.
2. Ivation 4,500 Sq Ft Large-Capacity Energy Star Dehumidifier – The compact option
The compact design of this humidifier is one thing that stands out. The design with the simple LCD controls on top of the device makes it easy to set up and use. You can set the moisture levels, look at the humidity at home, and adjust the fan speed amongst other things all in one place.
A great feature that complements this dehumidifier’s compact design is that it saves energy and does not consume electricity excessively. It offers you great satisfaction and value for money spent as well as save you some money on your energy bill.
- Compact design.
- Easy to set up and use
- Energy saving
- Great value for money
- It is quite noisy
- May stop working after a year
If you are looking for a dehumidifier that would fit right into your home setting without looking odd, this is the best for you.
3. Honeywell Large Sq Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier – The Noiseless One
- [POWERFUL DEHUMIDIFIER FOR LARGE ROOMS] This powerful beast effectively stops up to 70 Pints per day (50 Pint 2019 DOE Standard) of moisture from the air to protect walls, curtains, furniture and appliances, and can even help extend the life of food by keeping the air dry (moisture removal depends on moisture condition and the size of your room). Ideal for larger basements, living rooms, cellars & storage rooms, ENERGY STAR qualified means this compact, but powerful unit stops moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers, saving you money.
- [PEACE OF MIND WITH A BRAND YOU TRUST] Honeywell Dehumidifiers are top rated by an independent, U. S. -based product safety-testing agency since 2016 and all Honeywell Dehumidifiers are backed by a long, Five Yea r why. Plus, if you ever need help, the Honeywell Home Comfort customer service hotline connects you directly to an in-house customer support team who are ready to help (during office hours).
- Effectively stops excess moisture to help protect your home.
- [EASY TO USE, EASY TO MAINTAIN] The durable air filter helps stop dust & easily washes clean under a faucet – No filter replacements necessary. A Filter Clean Alert helps you maintain filter for optimal operation. The detachable water tank with comfort-grip handle & anti-spill tank guards make it a breeze to empty OR, connect the drain tube (included) to the Continuous Drain Outlet for carefree, automatic drainage.
- [SMART & DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Smart digital humidistat control automatically activates dehumidification based on pre-set room conditions. What else? 24-hour energy-saving timer, Sleep mode, low temperature operation, auto-restart after power outage and smooth-gliding wheels makes this Honeywell Dehumidifier a quiet & invaluable addition to almost any moisture-ridden room.
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The outstanding feature of this Honeywell dehumidifier is smart intelligence – the digital regulation of the humidity level in the room. The humidity level regulation applies the existing room conditions to set the dehumidification stats and controls on the device. It means you do not have to manually set the controls should the moisture condition in your home change.
Besides the smart humidity regulation, another feature that stands out with this dehumidifier is its LED indicator, found at the front of the device. The indicator lets you know the humidity level in the room from a distance without the need to stand up to get closer, which is common with other dehumidifiers.
- Smart humidistat
- Sharp front LED indicator
- Works quietly
- Easy to assemble
- It does not work with typical garden hoses if you intend to add a hose for draining water.
If you are worried about excess device noise that can interrupt your conversations, this quiet dehumidifier is all you need. Not only is it quiet, but it is also easy to assemble, and the front LED indicator makes using the device all the more comfortable.
4. COLZER 70 Pints Dehumidifiers – The Multifunctional One
Who does not love to have an extra function with their device? That’s why this dehumidifier stands out from other devices. The Colzer dehumidifier has an additional laundry-dry function. Besides getting rid of moisture in the home, this mode helps to dry up your damp clothes and other clothes that only need the quick hang.
The Colzer dehumidifier’s design is stylish, and the easy-roll casters make it easy to move from one room to another. The display on the device is in two places for easy reading and control. There is a display on top of the device and another on the front of the device.
- Stylish design
- Extra laundry-dry feature
- Two displays for easy reading and control.
- Easy to move around
- Makes a bit of noise
This dehumidifier is excellent with the extra feature it presents in the home. More so, the laundry-dry function is a useful feature for everyone.
5. Vremi 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated– The Efficient Option
The Vremi is a capable dehumidifier that works as it should. It has a stylish design and packaging, and the water bucket has an indicator that shows the water level. This indicator comes in handy as it lets you know when it is time to take out the water bucket and dispose of the water.
Besides being efficient in keeping the moisture level in the home at the barest minimum or to your desired setting, the device has a turbo mode. The turbo mode multiplies the fan speed to make the removal of moisture fast and comfortable. The good news about the turbo mode is that it does not make unbearable noise.
- Water level indicator
- Efficient at removing moisture
- Easy-to-understand manual and instructions
- It won’t work with a hose longer than 6 inches.
- You need to empty the tank regularly
This Vremi device is the right choice if you have been looking for an efficient dehumidifier that is easy to set up and does its primary function of reducing moisture.
How to Choose the Best Dehumidifier for Large Space
The use of a dehumidifier comes with lots of benefits for the home. However, before settling for one, you need to put some factors into consideration. The following factors will help you decide on the best dehumidifier for a large spaces.
One crucial factor to consider for a large space dehumidifier is how much moisture it can absorb from the atmosphere and surrounding environment. A dehumidifier for a large space should have a capacity of nothing less than 50 pints. This can go as high as 70 pints.
All the dehumidifiers for large spaces that you will find in this guide all have a moisture capacity that is not less than 50 pints. This is what makes them suitable for use in large spaces. A dehumidifier with a lower moisture absorption capacity will not work efficiently in large spaces.
Water Bucket Capacity
One thing your dehumidifier will consistently do besides reducing the humidity level in your home and keeping moisture at bay is to produce water continuously as long as the device is working. To minimize the need to go back and forth, emptying the water bucket of your dehumidifier, you should ensure it has a decent capacity.
The dehumidifiers in this guide have a minimum capacity of 1 liter and 4 liters maximum.
The filter type is another important factor worthy of note before choosing a dehumidifier for large spaces. For some dehumidifiers, once the filter is dirty, it can only be replaced with another filter. This will quickly rack up extra expenses for you and the stress of having to replace once there is a dirty filter.
It is best to opt for dehumidifiers with washable and reusable filters. A washable and reusable filter means that once it gets dirty, you will only be washing the filter and putting it back in the device.
Durability is essential because you do not want a situation where you have to replace your dehumidifier every year or every season. Check the manufacturer’s warranty of the product before settling for a choice. While it is common to get a one-year warranty on most dehumidifiers, some manufacturers offer a two-year warranty and some more than that on their products.
Yes, a dehumidifier for a large space is great for keeping moisture levels low, but how does the device go about doing this? You want a device that is easy to set up and operate, convenient as well as effective.
The designs like the control panel, water bucket fit, and the display should make using the device easy and stress-free. Some devices have their displays on the front of the device to make reading the stats easy from a distance. The water bucket of some dehumidifiers has a water level indicator that lets you know when its time to dispose of the water.
These features and many more will make it easy and convenient for you to make use of a dehumidifier for large space.
Best Dehumidifier For Large Room FAQS
Deciding on the dehumidifier that is right for your home can be challenging. However, we believe this guide has provided some direction. For more information on questions we may have left unanswered, please do look at the answers to some commonly asked questions below.
Does a dehumidifier produce heat while in use?
Dehumidifiers give out warm air, which generates heat during use due to absorbing moisture and reducing humidity levels in the home.
Is it easy to assemble a new dehumidifier?
Putting together a new dehumidifier and getting it to work will be mostly dependent on the manufacturer’s instruction of the brand you choose to buy. Despite this, it is relatively simple and straightforward to assemble a new dehumidifier.
How much is the electrical power needed to run a dehumidifier?
The power needed to run your dehumidifier for a large space will vary from one brand to another. However, on average, it would take about 110 volts minimum to run a dehumidifying device.
What happens if I forget to empty the water bucket of my dehumidifier?
The water bucket must be emptied once it’s full, and that’s why most dehumidifiers have a water level indicator on the bucket to make it easy to dispose of once full.
If the water bucket becomes full, most dehumidifiers have an auto-shut feature that stops the unit from working. This means that if you have a full bucket, then the device stops working until you empty the bucket. Other models also have an alert system that warns you when the water bucket is full.
Can I use a hose with the dehumidifier?
Most dehumidifiers allow a hose connection for continuous draining instead of emptying the bucket regularly. Each brand may have specific instructions on the type of hose to use with the device and how to set it up, but a universal hose type used with dehumidifiers is the garden hose.
Make a balanced choice.
The benefits of dehumidifiers in your large room or office can not be overemphasized. And like every other home appliance, buying a dehumidifier for large areas requires adequate knowledge to ensure effectiveness and value for money. You wouldn’t want to buy a unit just to return it the next day.
More so, the device you get shouldn’t put a hole in your pocket just to make your home allergen-free. The buying guide and review of the best dehumidifier for large spaces above contain all the information you need to find balance and make the right choice.