Excess moisture may not look like a big deal at first until mold and mildew begin to appear. This appearance and growth are primarily due to large and cold spaces, so you should take a look at the best 90 pint dehumidifier.
High moisture levels can become a problem, especially during early fall, late spring and summer. Irrespective of these climates, some homes experience high humidity because of the environment and activities inside the house. As a result, a dehumidifier becomes necessary.
Also, the presence of basements in your home necessitates that you get a dehumidifier. This guide provides you with all the necessary information needed to choose the right 90-pint dehumidifier for your home.
Take a look at our top picks below.
The Best 90 Pint Dehumidifiers
Dehumidifiers help you improve your space’s air quality while getting rid of excess moisture at the same time. There are many devices out there, and picking the best 90 pint dehumidifier for your area can be daunting.
This guide will provide you with all the necessary information needed to make the best choice.
The dehumidifiers in this guide were chosen after careful research based on the following criteria:
- Capacity of Dehumidifier
- Filter type
- User-friendly interface
The review of each product will enlighten you about the key features and what to look out for generally in a dehumidifier.
Without wasting time, here are the best 90 pint dehumidifiers in the market.
1. ALORAIR 198PPD (SATURATION), 90 PINTS (AHAM) – The Compact Device
- 👍 Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier-quickly and effectively removes moisture with less energy than conventional dehumidifiers without racking up your energy bill, saving you money. This will be the best crawl space/basement dehumidifier you will ever use. Remove 90 pints per day at AHAM condition, 198 Pint at saturation, up to 2,600 sq. ft, fit for any basement, crawl space, storage areas, garage, any large room, or commercial use.
- 👍 Heavy Duty Condensate Pump: When removing large amounts of moisture, the condensate pump keeps the dehumidifier running smoothly and efficiently by pushing collected water out of the area continuously. Optional Remote Control – This professional dehumidifier is designed with the remote monitoring function, which makes this unit an ideal choice for places where remote sensing and controlling is required, It is also a good choice for sound insulation and saving space usage.
- 👍 Automatic Defrost- a quick and efficient defrosting process, truly makes the dehumidifier able to work at a low temperature (36 degrees Fahrenheit), if frost is detected on the coils, an automatic defrost cycle runs to avoid frost build-up and issues associated with that build up. Makes the unit work continuously and efficiently without periodic stopping during the defrosting process, not only saving the energy but also making the unit last longer.
- 👍 Save on Costs, AlorAir High COP Dehumidifier, an investment in crawl space/basement comfort can be paid back by a few years' energy savings. You can save up to $250 per year in energy costs with dehumidifiers working for their families! Once you are able to maintain a consistent RH 50 %, no need to keep the thermostat at low, uncomfortable temperatures once used in an effort to control humidity.
- 👍 5 Years Warranty-energy efficient & safety tested our sentinel HDi90 dehumidifier is energy star certified and is fully compliant with the electrical safety ETL. Every AlorAir dehumidifier comes with a 5-year warranty with a local professional customer support team ready to assist at any time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, you deserve the best after-sales service.
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Other dehumidifiers with anti-frost features stop working when the temperature drops to prevent frosting. The Alorair basement dehumidifier features a Hot Gas Valve (HGV) defrosting system. The HGV allows the dehumidifier to keep working at low temperatures without the need to stop periodically.
The Alorair 90-pint dehumidifier is surprisingly quiet for its size and capacity. Despite being a dehumidifier developed for whole homes and large spaces. It features a compact design and does not have a heavy weight.
It’s an excellent dehumidifier for tight corners and places that are hard to get to. This device is a large capacity dehumidifier that produces noise that’s not intrusive in your activities. If you need all the power a 90-pint dehumidifier offers but do not want the sound that comes with it, Alorair is the right device for you.
- Hot-Gas-Valve anti-frost feature
- Compact and lightweight design
- Noise level is okay for device size and capacity
- Needs to be handled with care when moving to prevent damage to the device
2. BLUEDRI BD-76P-RED BD-BD-76-RD BD-76 – The All-Round Dehumidifier
- 150 Pint Dehumidifier - Ideal for water damage restoration projects, its high efficiency rotary compressor ensures the maximum moisture extraction, of up to 150 pints per day ((90ºF 90%RH)/76 PPD at AHAM (80ºF 60%RH)), removing up to double the water per day than normal 70 pt capacity home dehumidifiers
- Convenient – This dehumidifier is packed with an automatic water pump, digital panel, compact electrical control with auto restart, hour counter, RH and temperature sensors, so you can get any job site done with just a few buttons
- Commercial And Industrial Use - Designed to withstand the rigors of the toughest spaces, the BD-76 can go into construction zones and buildings damaged by flooding and other water accidents and work hard overnight or continuous for days at a time without you worrying about it
- WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION – From your basement to your attic or your bathroom to outside in your garage, our dehumidifier will help you restore your whole house
- WARRANTY - Our product is designed with a heavy duty roto-mold technology that we guarantee with a 1-year warranty and a 5-year housing Warranty
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
One thing that catches your attention when you see the BlueDri 90-pint dehumidifier is the roto-mold design and bold wheels. The design makes it convenient to move the device from one location to another. The large handle also makes it easy to push or pull the dehumidifier on its wheels.
Though a large space dehumidifier, it works well for commercial uses too. The dehumidifier is effective and will get rid of excess moisture in the atmosphere in no time. The device has a pump for continuous drainage and a 20 feet hose that works without issues.
A great design, wheels and handle for smooth movement, a 20 feet hose, and an effective device – the BlueDri 90-pint dehumidifier is everything you need for mobile efficiency.
- Comes with its drain hose that works without issues
- Has a wheel and handle for smooth movement
- The pump allows overhead draining of approximately 10 feet
- The controls can take some time to get used to
- The design may not make it fit in tight spaces
3. APRILAIRE 1850 PRO DEHUMIDIFIER – The Smart Device
- BUILT TO LAST with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, Aprilaire Dehumidifiers are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire, the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- MINIMIZE AIRBORNE VIRUS SURVIVAL rates by keeping relative humidity below 60% with a dehumidifier
- REDUCES & CONTROLS BASEMENT & WHOLE HOME HUMIDITY to help prevent damp carpeting and furnishings, mold, mildew, and odors, and mold, termites, structural wood rot, and odors in a sealed crawl space
- REMOVES UP TO 12 GALLONS (95 pints) of water per day
- NO MESSY WATER TRAY TO EMPTY and simple to set up - just place a hose or place dehumidifier over a drain, level it, plug it in, set the target humidity, and you’re done
- SET IT AND FORGET IT control automatically starts dehumidification when humidity above target is sensed
Last update on 2021-04-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Medium-sized dehumidifiers will have a water-bucket and need a hose for continuous draining. Similarly, the Aprilaire dehumidifier needs a hose for continuous draining. However, the beautiful thing about the device is that it doesn’t need a bucket and can be placed directly over a drain for automatic drainage.
This serves as a quick drain option in situations where setting the hose can seem challenging.
Besides the above, this dehumidifier only needs to be set up once, and the process becomes ongoing. Once the set humidity level is achieved, the device stops working. This device also starts working when the humidity level rises above what has been programmed into the dehumidifier.
The Aprilaire device works excellent as a whole-home dehumidifier. It can also be added to the heat pump system in the home for effective results.
- Put the dehumidifier over a drain for automatic drainage
- Automatically works to keep the humidity level in the home to what has been programmed during setup
- The device comes with a ten-inch clear hose
- May need professional installation.
How to Select the Best 90 Pint Dehumidifiers
A dehumidifier, irrespective of where it will be used, will require that you consider some factors before making a choice. Some of the core factors include the following;
The moisture level in the home determines whether you should get a dehumidifier or not. Once you are sure there is excess moisture, you want to be sure how much you have in excess. This knowledge will help you determine the capacity of the dehumidifier to choose for your home.
For very accurate measurements, you will need a hygrometer to get the measure of the level of excess humidity in the atmosphere.
You can also assess how bad the situation is using the visible effects caused by excess moisture in the home. These include musty smell, dampness, condensation on walls, and ceilings, among others.
Size of your room/space
The room size plays an essential part in the choice of dehumidifier you will choose. Dehumidifiers are majorly classed along the amount of moisture they can pull off the atmosphere in twenty-four hours and the size of the space they can cover.
Although, it is usually better to choose dehumidifiers with capacities and sizes that are higher than your current needs. This ensures that the device will be effective at getting rid of excess moisture in the home and keeps the air fresh.
It is ideal to consider the moisture level present in the home and the space size when choosing a dehumidifier. However, all these will become unimportant if you end up with a dehumidifier that is not user-friendly.
Some features to watch out for in a dehumidifier that makes its use convenient include;
- Filter Alert: This can also be referred to as a filter indicator, and it informs you when the filter in your dehumidifier needs to be cleaned.
- Anti-frost setting: This feature prevents your device from freezing up in cold environments.
- Auto-Start: Should a power loss occur, this setting makes sure the dehumidifier keeps running using the previous setting.
- Automatic Humidistat: This feature sets your device to work in achieving the set humidity level. Once it does that, the device shuts off to conserve energy and resumes once the humidity increases.
These are a few features that will make using the dehumidifier convenient for you.
Water Disposal System
The dehumidifier will accumulate water extracted from the atmosphere into a water bucket. The bucket will need to be emptied regularly or once it is full to keep the device working optimally.
While this is common, some dehumidifiers also come with the option of direct draining. This allows the device to work continuously without the need to empty the water tank. It requires you to have a floor-level drain in place to use this feature.
In the absence of a floor drain and to avoid the inconvenience of having to empty the water bucket of your device regularly, you have to choose a dehumidifier with an internal pump.
The internal pump allows the dehumidifier to move water into a sink that’s not at floor level.
Your dehumidifier will be running most of the time to keep the home’s moisture level at moderate amounts. To save the amount of money spent on utility bills, opt for energy star rated dehumidifiers.
You can enjoy ridding your home of excess moisture and saving on the amount of energy used at the same time.
This guide has provided you with sufficient information and features of the best 90 pint dehumidifier. Besides the above, we have tried to educate you on the essential factors that you need to put into consideration when shopping for a dehumidifier for your space.
Many dehumidifiers out there are claimed to be effective at helping you eliminate excess moisture in the atmosphere. However, our best 90 pint dehumidifier will effectively treat your ample space and rid it of excess water content in the atmosphere.
This guide also saves you the stress of going to a store during this pandemic, and after it. You have all the information needed to stay at home while choosing the right device that will be a lasting solution to high humidity in your home.